Friday 21 June 2013

Review: Enrapture Totem Encode Hair Styler

Hi everyone, today I thought I would share with you a review on one of my favourite hair stylers; the Enrapture Totem Encode Hair Styler.

(Price always varies, make sure to compare prices £39.98- £59.99: Argos, Boots, John Lewis, Tesco)

I have used this for over a month now and I am confident to say that they are the best curlers I have ever used! I first purchased a styler for myself to test out and after only just using them a few times I purchased another for my kit. I read many positive reviews on people’s blogs and YouTube channels prior to purchasing. Now here’s my review contributing to the rest :)!
I ordered online and when my hair styler arrived it came in a lovely metallic sturdy purple box. The hair styler also came with a heat proof mat and some instructions.


The meaning behind its name ‘Encode’ is that it has 3 different heat settings. You can choose 1-1-1 which would give you very loose wavy curls, 2-2-2 which gives a medium curl and 3-3-3 which gives a very tight curl. The selling point of this styler is that the settings are interchangeable. For instance, if you wanted tight curls flowing into loose curls you could choose settings 2-2-1.
The styler also heats up very quickly; it’s made from titanium which is a great bonus. The styler is a hybrid between a wand and an actual curling iron as it has a little ‘flipper’ which you can use to clip in hair to keep in place as you curl the rest of the hair. It also comes with an attached stand which you can push down when using curling your hair so it doesn’t get in the way.  You can choose to either use the styler with the clip or without which is a great benefit as it’s like a 2-in-1. The styler has a swivel cord which is very useful as you don’t feel restricted as you are styling your hair. The cable is 3 metres long which is really helpful as you don’t have to sit awkwardly near a plug socket. Also as it is part of my hairstylist kit, the length of the cable is helpful when doing hairstyles on clients.  


When using any type of heat on your hair it is really important to use a heat protectant whether it be a spray or serum. If your hair tends to be frizzy and a bit crazy like mine you can straighten it before you curl it. I usually spritz my hair all over with TRESemme’s Heat Defence Styling Spray and then give it a good brush through. I then straighten the top layer of my hair where it tends to frizz and then follow with curling my hair with the Enrapture Styler. To gain the best results I always curl in sections; I section above and below the crown of my head. The setting I usually use is 2-2-3, as I go along I hairspray the curls. After I’m done I brush out the curls with my fingers and sometimes run my fingers through my hair with some Moroccan oil to give it a shiny finish and smooth out any frizz.

(from my instagram @priyankahairandmakeup)

The Enrapture Encode Totem Styler is a really innovative and creative hair styler. It is really easy to use and helps to create very versatile looks with a simple twist of the settings. However the only disadvantage I found was the heatproof mat that came with it as I did not find it heatproof at all! As an alternative I purchased a Visiq Heatproof Mat to use with the styler. The curler does not come with a heat protectant glove therefore I definitely recommend to buy one if you have not got one already; the styler gets extremely hot.


Price: 5/5
Packaging:  5/5
Colour:  4/5
Texture:  3/5




1 comment:

  1. Ugghhhh, I know literally EVERYONE hates these comments but I would appreciate some support.

    I'm Zoe & I'm 12 but don't just jump to the conclusion I'm bad - just give my blog a go www.thatszoeblog.com (ignore the bad design I'm having it professionally redone).

    My dream is to have a successful beauty & fashion blog, also don't think I get my followers like this, I occasionally leave these sorts of comments. JUST GIVE ME A GO (and maybe a comment and follow too haha).

    I can guarantee that if you give me a chance which no one else does, then you'll be happily pleased.

    Zoe xx

    P.S YOUR GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Comment here :)