Wednesday 20 March 2013

How To: Gold Smokey Eyes and Plum lips


Hi everyone hope you are doing well :)!

So on Sunday I went to a family friend’s wedding and I thought I would share how I created my look.

A lot of people like to keep their makeup simple for weddings however for Indian weddings it is completely the opposite; the more the better! Frankly I’m not complaining I love a full face :)!

I wore a gold and cream Indian outfit to which I did a classic gold smokey eye but instead of matching it with a nude lip, I decided to make it different!


 I achieved this look by using these products…



Products
GOSH foundation primer in classic
NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Stromboli
Smashbox HD Concealer
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Sleek Storm Palette
NAKED Urban Decay palette
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
Rimmel Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara
Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes in 202
Sleek Twist Up Eye Pencil in 133 Midnight
e.l.f Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara.
Sleek Contour Kit in Medium
Tom Ford Cheek Colour in 04 Savage
Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 kisses Stay on Lip Contouring Pencil in 061 Wine
MAC Lipstick in Rebel


How to create this look...


*Face*
I primed my t-zone with the GOSH foundation primer in classic. I then used my NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Stromboli to create a dewy finish. I have also been loving the Smashbox HD Concealer which I wore under my eyes and on any blemishes.

*Eyes*
I then primed my eyelids and just under my eye with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original to help my eyeshadow last longer and prevent creasing. Then using Sidecar from the NAKED Urban Decay palette I applied it onto my eyelid followed by a mix of Half Baked and Smog on the outer corner of my eyes. Following on I used Buck in my crease to subtly define and then followed with the matte brown in the Sleek Storm Palette and then blended. I then used the matte black from the Sleek palette in a ‘V’ in the outer corner of the eyes and blended further. I also applied the matte brown on my lower lash line. To create a cat eye I popped a bit of Clinique Clarifying Lotion onto a makeup pad and created a line from the corner of my eye to the end of my eyebrow. To define my lashline I used the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner on my upper waterline and also on my lid and created a flick. Taking the Rimmel Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara I applied a layer to both eyes. After applying the eyeliner I applied my Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes in 202 with tweezers and finished with running the Sleek Twist Up Eye Pencil in 133 Midnight on my bottom waterline.

To fill in my eyebrows I prefer to use powder to give more of a natural finish. So going back to the Sleek Storm Palette I used the same matte brown that I used on my eye lids on my eyebrows using small strokes; light at the start and darker towards the arch *Remember to run through with a spoolie before and after* To set my eyebrows I used my e.l.f Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara.

*Cheeks*
I swear by contouring and highlighting and I can’t be without my Sleek Contour Kit in Medium. I applied the brown powder in the hollows of my cheeks and then lightly highlighted on my cheek bones, down my nose, on my cupids bow, chin and middle of my forehead *I absolutely love love loveee the highlight in this kit and always hit pan so quickly! I wish Sleek brought out the highlight on its own* I then blended it out and applied Tom Ford Cheek Colour in 04 Savage in between my contour and highlight and blended out.

*Lips*
To add colour to the look I used my Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 kisses Stay on Lip Contouring Pencil in 061 Wine to line and also colour in the lips (makes the lipstick last longer). Then taking my MAC lipstick in Rebel I applied onto my lips with a brush for more precision.
To finish off I lightly powdered my T-Zone with MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC41.

You can wear this look on a night out or to give it an Indian feel you can add a Bindi like I did.

Hope you like the look I created :)

Have you used any of these products before? How do you like your makeup for a wedding? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here :)