Monday 8 April 2013

Review: Illamasqua Lipstick in Corrupt


Debenhams had their ‘Easter Extravaganza’ sales during the seasonal period and they had 10% off most of their beauty and fragrance products. The lipstick usually retails for £16, so I picked it up for £14.40.


I love pink lipsticks and I have a lot but the reason that Corrupt stood out to me was that it was a Matte lipstick. Now for me compared to other matte lipsticks by other brands, this lipstick was extremely matte… matte of all the mattes!



I like the packaging of the Illamasqua products but I wouldn’t say I love it because even with the driest of hands your fingers will still leave visible smudges all over it.  However the product feels quite light which could be a bonus for some people.



The colour described by Illamasqua is a ‘Warm bright pink matte finish’. I would say the colour is a little bit of a blue toned pink and yes, very matte! It’s almost a bit too matte for my liking but it’ saveable. This is one of those lipsticks where you need to exfoliate your lips before applying! Before I apply it I exfoliate with my lush lip scrub and then dab a bit of Blistex moisturiser (mentioned in my March Faves), to give my lips a bit of moisture. I would advise to apply Corrupt with a lip brush to line, fill and blend. From the swatches you can tell that when applying you need to build the colour up; from the left is one swatch and then two swatches. 

The lasting power on this lipstick for me is about 4 hours which is quite long compared to MAC lipsticks. It is on the pricey side but the pigmentation, lasting power and not forgetting the gorgeous colour justifies the price for me.
I feel that this colour will suit all skin tones, so if you haven’t checked it out make sure you pop over to your nearest Illamasqua counter :)!

Price: 4/5
Packaging:  4/5
Colour:  5/5
Texture:  3/5


Have you tried this lipstick?

What’s your favourite pink lipstick at the moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here :)