Thursday 11 April 2013

Review: Rimmel Apocalips with Swatches



I’ve held back on doing a review on these lip lacquers until I finally made my decision on whether I like them. When I first used them I didn’t get along with them. The doe foot applicator has a well in the middle which holds the product. Before I apply onto my lips I have to take some product off as it gets too slippy and slidey and ends up everywhere apart from where you wanted it. Also the no fragrance smell is not great but the more times I used them I became use to it.
The lip lacquers have a lovely creamy texture and although when applied they have a satin finish they dry matte. Their lasting power is really good and I only find myself having to top up once in a day. The colours with a stronger pigment leave a stain on your lips and personally I like that. 







Celestial is a pretty natural pink which is very easy to wear. Nova is slightly brighter than Celestial. Stellar is a beautiful coral orange and Apocaliptic is a bright fuscia pink. 
I really like the packaging with the black crystal edge and it is also really compact and sleek for travelling. I also really like that you can see the shade on the outside which comes in handy when trying to find the shade you want. It also doesn’t leak and get sticky which is a bonus.
I have not purchased Luna and Nude Eclipse as they are too pale for my NC41 skin colour.   
However I think I might go and purchase Big Bang which is a bright red :)!

Price: 5/5
Packaging:  4/5
Colour:  5/5
Texture:  4/5

Have you tried the Rimmel Apocolips lip lacquers?

What’s your favourite shade?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here :)